4/28/2011

Red Is The New Black

Went to watch Red Riding Hood just now. Actually, we planned to watch Thor, since today was the premiere. But the cinema was almost full, and those available seats were infront of the screen. So, we passed. We watched Red Riding Hood instead, which I wanted to watch badly.
The story is about a village with dark secret. Every full moon, a werewolf will come and attack the people. Valerie (Amanda Seyfried) is in love with Peter (Shiloh Fernandez). But, her family wants her to marry Henry (Max Irons) because he is rich and can give Valerie a comfortable life.
One night on a full moon, the werewolf transformed itself and attacks the village. Chaos happened. The werewolf then approached Valerie and told her to leave the village with the werewolf. When they have the conversation, Valerie noticed that the werewolf has dark brown eyes. Valerie refused to leave the village. 
The next day, Valerie talked to both Peter and Henry, and doubted that one of them was the werewolf. She also doubted her grandma was the werewolf. But, it the end, the werewolf was her ...
I don't wanna spoil the fun. You should watch it or even Google it to know who is the real werewolf. 
The movie adapted some of the scenes in the fairy tale, Little Red Riding Hood, such as "what big teeth you have, what big eyes you have, what big ears you have" part. But then, 90% of the movie is differ from the fairy tale.
All in all, the movie was okay for me. Really love Amanda Seyfried and Shiloh Fernandez. He is so hot.
8 out of 10.
Dynamic duo.
Hawt
Two fine men

PS-When I was small, Little Red Riding Hood was my favourite fairy tale, other than The Jungle Book. I kept reading the book again and again and never get boring.
PPS-I hate it when the people beside me in the cinema talk during the movie. Damn man, I pay for the movie not to listen you guys giggle, talk, cuddle, laugh okay? Geez. I'm not jealous that you go to watch movie with your loved one, but you don't own the cinema. 
PPPS-I do hope there is Red Riding Hood 2. Macam gantung ja ni wayang.

No comments:

Post a Comment