5/01/2011

Tiring But Hell Of The Fun

Jhelly:"It was the first day of Suzanne working in hospitality industry."

Yes. It was indeed true. Yesterday was my first day experiencing working in hospitality industry. Lame. Not really heeee.
I saw my lecturer status in FB saying that Bella Italia is looking for part time workers working from 2 until 10pm at RM50 pay. The pay was good, quite high actually and it was working for Bella Italia, one of my favourite restaurants in KK. So what the heck, I'm willing to work to gain some experience and pocket money as well. 
When I reached at the city, I went to Api-Api to look for Chessa, Jhelly, Liza and Cyrus at their apartment. And then, we had our lunch. Around 1.50pm, we arrived at Bella Italia to report ourselves. And then, we were assisted by a permanent worker and he led us to the DBKK Hall just across the street. Bella Italia was doing a catering dinner for the Borneo International Marathon. 
We then looked for our supervisor, Mr. Vincent. He briefed us on our duty. We started to wipe and clean the china wares on the buffet line. Our captain Ms. Mariana assisted us on our work. Then, we unload the things from the company's van. After finish setting up for the dinner, around 6pm the guests came. We served them with pizzas from Bella Italia. They were finished fast like hot selling cakes. And the guests keep demanding for more. The pizzas were continuously served to the guests hot from the oven. It was kinda unique, since this was the first time I went to a dinner party serving pizzas as one of the menu. Rarely to see it at normal parties. The guests then helped themselves with the food served at the buffet. From Vegetable Lasagna to Minestrone Soup. Spaghetti Bolognese to Wa Tan Ho.
Around 9pm, the dinner ended as all the guests have left the hall. We then started to do the cleaning and packing. After finished, the handsome and cute Chef Leo, who is basically our boss came to give us the paycheck. He is a very good employer who takes care of his staffs and knows how to interact and communicate with them. He even asked us if we would like to work for him at Bella Italia. But, we especially me, have to reject his offer since we will be having our final exam and will be going for our practical training soon. Nevermind, if I can't find any job in the future, I will surely go back to Bella Italia and work.
All in all, it was tiring but I had loads of fun. It was my first time working in this industry, even though I worked as a promoter two years ago. But they were really differ from each other.
Experience teaches us to grow and to find our inner selves, as long as we are willing to learn and to further ourselves to our limit and beyond, we could one day be at the place we want to be. Just stay strong and stay true to ourselves. 
To my fellow one day part timers, working with you guys was really fun and thank you for the experience we shared. By chance, I hope we could work together again as a team. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment