5/16/2011

No More Second Time

Okay. I only have the chance to blog about it now since the internet in the house was dead since two weeks ago. Luckily with the help of  my cousin's broadband, I manage to blog.
First thing first, I GOT MY FREAKING MONEY, just a few hours ago. That's mean I'm gonna have my own DSLR soooooon. AWESOME!! :D
Back to the main topic that I wanna blog about. I've tasted balut. Me and my Filipino friends went to Tambayan at Api-Api for the balut. Only me who ordered the balut and the rest were being my audiences. I cracked the eggshell until half opened. Balut is divided into three parts which are the egg white, egg yolk and embryo. I ate the egg white first. The texture was kinda like chicken liver and the smell, erm awful. Then, I went to the middle of the egg for the embryo. I can see the furs and organs of the duckling. I put in my mouth and chewed twice and then decided to swallowed it directly. I almost vomited it out but I managed to swallowed it eventually. The taste was horrible and I cannot bear it. I gave the remaining, which was the egg yolk to the others because one, I cannot handle it anymore, and two I don't wanna let myself despise eating hard boiled egg after this since it is one of my favourite foods. I then finished my Iced Lemon Tea, which happened to be the savior of the day. 
I will not want to eat balut again. Maybe it is a delicacy to some peoples, but sorry to say, it is not meant for me.
It was a weird and memorable experience to eat balut that day. If you wanna have a try, go to try it someday. RM5.00 each. Experience wise, worth it. Taste wise, not worth it.
Cracking the shell
Tasting the embryo >.<
The savior :)
Thumb up itu hanya lakonan semata-mata LOL
The leftover

No comments:

Post a Comment